This baby-friendly version of traditional tomato ketchup has no added salt or sugar, meaning it is a much healthier option. It is also absolutely delicious and your little ones will keep coming back for more!
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Stick of Celery
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Purée, or 2 Cloves of Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Purée
- 500g Fresh Tomatoes, or 1 Large Jar of Tomato Passata
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- Sterilise a mason jar, or similar.
- Finely chop the onion, celery, garlic and tomatoes.
- Sauté the onion and celery over a medium heat until the onions soften.
- Add the garlic purée and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and basil, bring to the simmer then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend the sauce.
- Return the sauce to the pan and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes, or until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Dispense into the jar and allow to cool completely with the lid off.
- Screw the lid on, refrigerate and enjoy!
Suitable: From 6 months.
Storage: Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze and use within 3 months.
Top Tip! – Try freezing the sauce in ice cube trays and then transfer into a ziplock bag when frozen. Defrost as and when you need it.