Cajun chicken is usually associated with heat and salty seasoning, but this version makes this delicious dish baby- friendly. My ‘No Salt Cajun Seasoning’ packs all the flavour, but none of the salt that’s in the regular seasoning mix, making it perfect for a delicious pasta dish that the whole family can enjoy!
No Salt Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder/Granules
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder/Granules
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
For the Pasta:
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp ‘No Salt Cajun Seasoning’
- 300ml Double Cream
- 225g Linguine (or Spaghetti)
- Coat the chicken in olive oil and 1 heaped tbsp of No-Salt Cajun Seasoning.
- Cook in the oven at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 until just done, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Cook the linguine as per the packet instructions, drain and toss in olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Slice the red onion and sauté in a pan over a medium heat until starting to soften and brown.
- Slice or dice up the cooked chicken and add into the pan along with the other tbsp of seasoning. Continue to sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the double cream, mix thoroughly, and allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to reduce.
- Add the cooked linguine and toss.
- Serve and enjoy!
Storage: Store in the fridge for up to 2 days, or freeze on the day and use within 3 months
Suitable: From 6 Months, although would likely be better 8-9 months onwards when starting to introduce stronger flavours/spices and pincer grip is developing
TIP – Add some salt into the adult portions upon plating to further enhance the flavours
Keywords: Baby Led Weaning, BLW, Baby Food, Baby Recipes, Dinner, Lunch, Pasta