This Thai Green Curry is simple, quick to make and absolutely delicious. Skip the ready made curry pastes, which are loaded with salt and chilli, for this baby-friendly version that is just as packed with flavour, if not more!
Thai Green Curry Paste:
- Handful of Fresh Coriander
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 4/5 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 Tsp Ginger Puree (or a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger)
- 1 Tsp Lemongrass Puree (or a 2-3cm piece of fresh lemongrass)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- Glug of Olive Oil
To Make The Curry:
- 150g King Prawns
- 1/2 Green Pepper, chopping into strips
- Handful of Green Beans, trimmed and chopped into 2-3cm pieces
- 400ml Tin of Coconut Milk
1. In a food processor/mini blender combine all of the ingredients for the Thai Green Curry Paste and blitz until combined
2. Add some olive oil to a non-stick pan/cast iron skillet and bring to a medium heat. Add the homemade curry paste to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the chopped green pepper and green beans and continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes until these have softened slightly.
4. Add the coconut milk and stir thoroughly.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can also add extra coconut milk if the sauce thickens too much.
6. Add your tiger prawns and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until all of the prawns have turned pink in colour.
7. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Storage: Store the curry in an airtight container in the fridge for 2/3 days, or freeze on the day and use within 3 months.
Suitable: From 6 months +
Keywords: Baby Led Weaning, Baby Food, Weaning, Thai Green Curry, Thai Food, Prawn Curry