This vegan version of the classic mushroom Alfredo uses a simple hack to create a dairy-free creamy sauce… cauliflower. Get some extra veggies into your little ones with some courgette noodles too!
- 2 Courgettes
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Purée (or two cloves finely chopped)
- 200g Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- Bring a pan of water to a boil, break the cauliflower into florets and simmer them in the pan until tender – usually around 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spiralise your courgette. If you don’t have a spiraliser then use a vegetable peeler to cut ribbons of courgette and stack these up. Cut these into thin strips of courgetti using a sharp knife.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, transfer it to a blender with a splash of the cooking liquid and blitz.
- In a non-stick pan/cast iron skillet sauté the sliced mushrooms until browned (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for a further 1 minute.
- Add the courgetti to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the cauliflower cream sauce, stir through and bring to a simmer.
- Serve and enjoy!
Suitable: From 6 months plus.
Storage: Use on the day of cooking.