These tots are on of my favourite things to make for Reuben, as they are super quick and easy to prepare, whilst tasting absolutely delicious! Use them as a main meal for a little one, or try as a side dish for an older child.Print
If you’re looking for the perfect finger food that little ones will absolutely devour, then look no further. These tots may be small, but they’re full of both flavour and veggies… What more could you want?!
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- 3 Florets of Broccoli
- 3 Florets of Cauliflower
- 25g Grated Cheese
- Hanfdul of Plain Flour
- Boil/Steam the potatoes and vegetables until tender.
- Separate the broccoli and cauliflower into separate bowls and divide the potato evenly between them.
- Mash the potato and broccoli/cauliflower mixes using either the back of a fork, or a potato masher/ricer.
- Add half of the cheese to each bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Take small amounts of each mixture and form into small tots.
- Roll the tots in some flour to get a light coating, before placing into a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Turn regularly until the tots are golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2/3 days, or freeze on the day and use within 3 months.
Suitable: From 6 months +.
Top Tip! Feel free to spray the tots with oil and place them into the oven instead. They will take around 15-20 minutes on 180C/350F.