Need some breakfast inspiration for baby led weaning? Look no further than this breakfast potato hash for something a little outside of the box this weekend!
Breakfast hash has got to be one of my all-time favourite breakfasts. Luckily, it has been a firm favourite with Reuben since a young age, so I’ve got an excuse to make it all the time! One of the things that I LOVE about hash is how versatile is it. You can literally throw whatever you want into a hash…. I opted for potato, mushroom, spinach, onion and garlic for this one.
If you haven’t already got one then I’d highly recommend getting yourself a cast iron skillet. Before moving onto cast iron I made my way through several (and I mean several) non-stick frying pans, including expensive ones. Unfortunately, they never seemed to last the test of time. Cast iron does not have that problem – love after your cast iron pan and it will look after you for the rest of your life. Click this link to go over to Amazon to one of the pans that I highly recommend, or click the following image.
Leave a comment to let me know what your favourite breakfasts are and make sure to tag me using @theblwdad on Instagram if you give this recipe a go!Print
This potato breakfast hash for baby led weaning is delicious and something the entire family can enjoy!
- Handful of Chopped Ham
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Large Potato, chopped with skin on
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Handful of Chopped Spinach Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- Steam the chopped potato, or parboil, until tender.
- Sauté the onion in a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms and garlic into the pan and toss thoroughly, before continuing to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the ham and spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Create holes using your spatula and crack your eggs into them.
- Cover the pan and allow to cook for approximately 4-5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Suitable: From 6 Months.
Storage: Consume on the day.
Keywords: baby led weaning, baby food, weaning, breakfast, breakfast hash
If you like this recipe why not check out some of my other recipes, such as:
Please not that this page contains affiliate links, whereby products purchased using the above links/coupon codes generates a commission.