If you’re in need of a quick quick and easy meal then look no further than this! There’s something about mushrooms, garlic, cheese and creamy sauce that just go together…. perfect comfort food.Print
Baby-friendly comfort food, perfect for those rainy days. The cream and cheese in this dish make the perfect silky sauce that ties the whole dish together.
Handful of Spinach, Chopped
1 Tsp Garlic Purée (or 1 Clove of Garlic)
25g Grated Cheese
Splash of Double Cream
Knob of Unsalted Butter
Slice of Toast per person
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan and add the mushrooms and spinach.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes over a medium heat, until the mushrooms have browned and the spinach has wilted.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- add the double cream and cheese, take off the heat and stir through.
- Return the pan to the heat and reduce the flame to low.
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the sauce is the right consistency for your liking.
- Serve with some toast and enjoy!
Suitable from 6 months, but would likely be better from 8/9 months onwards.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within 2 days. Will not freeze well.